"Empowering vulnerable families to access government benefits and facilitating their path out of poverty within their lifetime."
"Empowering one million vulnerable families with knowledge and tools to harness the power of social welfare programs by 2030"
Tapasya has been operating in Maharashtra since 2018, in the areas of Governance and Behavioral change.
We are an 80G and 12 AA certified NGO .
Lack of opportunity for holistic development of families from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
1. Lack of an ecosystem of support and care
Families have no access to information and support that can help influence behavioural change.
As a consequence, critical developmental milestones in the lives of children are not met.
2. Lack of awareness of welfare schemes
Families lack the awareness and the ability to leverage available government policies and schemes.
Intended beneficiaries of the policy/scheme do not access the relevant benefits/ support.
Tapasya works on holistic development of families from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
We have a multi-sectoral and integrated approach to delivering solutions that leverages evidence-based best practices, builds systemic capacity to deliver solutions and addresses needs across the spectrum of health and education, to serve the most marginalised/disadvantaged communities.
We build the capacities of ‘Sakhis’ who are women from the communities we work in to deliver our programmes. This ensures that the change is owned and driven by members of the community.
We use technology for information dissemination and managing program efficiency. We run helplines to reach families and use online data entry tools to support those seeking information.
We collaborate with Government departments and functionaries at all levels to build systems’ capacity. We also engage with NGOs, academic institutions and other organisations to leverage their expertise and complement their efforts in our focus areas
Tapasya at a Glance
Our programs under 'Project Sakhi'
Behavioral Change Communication
Our main focus is to improve health-seeking behaviour among women who are either Pregnant, lactating and mother of 0-6 year children:-
- An understanding of the importance of antenatal/postnatal care (ANC/PNC) and support from ASHA. (Their ANC/PNC visits will be tracked)
- Support through training and counselling on any kind of health issues (Mothers will be connected with local government’s health care system)
- Support through training and counselling on adoption of healthy practices
- Support in accessing government’s maternity benefits (For financially disadvantaged mothers) and tracking long term impact of the same
Our main focus is on the Leadership Development of community people around childhood unlocking access to multiple welfare schemes, who will be supported on:-
- Community-level Awareness of various welfare schemes and their benefits and process.
- Identification of eligible families who can apply for any eligible schemes.
- Document readiness: Helping families ensure all required documents are ready.
- Application support: Supporting families to apply for all the eligible schemes and get their final benefits.
From the Field
Media & Publications
How to Get Involved
Take Action Now
Partner with Us
We are always looking for partners/supporters. Please contact us below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Volunteer/Intern with us
We have volunteer and internship opportunities, many of which can be done remotely. Please contact us below for more details.
Join our team
We are always looking for passionate individuals to join our team. Please contact us below for more details.