“Holistic development of children from economic and socially disadvantaged backgrounds”
"Developing adult capacities towards creating a nurturing and stimulating environment for the holistic development of young children"
Tapasya Pratishthan has been operating in Maharashtra since 2017, in the areas of health and education.
We are an 80G and 12 AA certified NGO registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950
Lack of opportunity for holistic development of children from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
1. Lack of an ecosystem of support and care
Families have no access to information and support that can help influence behavioural change.
As a consequence, critical developmental milestones in the lives of children are not met.
2. Lack of awareness of welfare schemes
Families lack the awareness and the ability to leverage available government policies and schemes.
Intended beneficiaries of the policy/scheme do not access the relevant benefits/ support.
Tapasya works on holistic development of children from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
Tapasya at a Glance
We have a multi-sectoral and integrated approach to delivering solutions that leverages evidence-based best practices, builds systemic capacity to deliver solutions and addresses needs across the spectrum of health and education, to serve the most marginalised/disadvantaged communities.
We build the capacities of ‘Sakhis’ who are women from the communities we work in to deliver our programmes. This ensures that the change is owned and driven by members of the community.
We use technology for information dissemination and managing programme efficiency. We run IVRS helplines and missed call helplines to support those seeking information.
We collaborate with Government departments and functionaries at all levels to build systems’ capacity. We also engage with NGOs, academic institutions and other organisations to leverage their expertise and complement their efforts in our focus areas
Our main focus is to empower the Pregnant and lactating women with:-
- An understanding of the importance of antenatal care (ANC) and support from ASHA. (Their ANC visits will be tracked)
- Support through training and counselling on any kind of health issues (Mothers will be connected with local government’s health care system)
- Support through training and counselling on adoption of healthy practices
- Support in accessing government’s maternity benefits (For financially disadvantaged mothers) and tracking long term impact of the same
Shiksha ki aur
Our main focus is on Children between 3-6 years of age, who will be supported on:-
- Pre-counting skills: Number matching set, Classification, Object number matching, Object object matching, Number identification
- Pre-Reading skills: Picture Matching set (vegetables, fruits, utensils, pulses, cereals and so on), picture with name matching set for all above sets (sight reading), picture talks, story books with one liner
- Pre-writing skills: Laying the foundation for numbers and alphabet writing
- Availing government policies and schemes: Accessing government’s policies and schemes around quality education and tracking long term impact of the same
From the Field
Media & Publications
How to Get Involved
Take Action Now
Partner with Us
We are always looking for partners/supporters. Please contact us below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Volunteer/Intern with us
We have volunteer and internship opportunities, many of which can be done remotely. Please contact us below for more details.
Join our team
We are always looking for passionate individuals to join our team. Please contact us below for more details.
CEO, Leadership For Equity
CA and co-founder Doshi-Dhere Associates
Businessman & President of Keshavsmriti Pratishthan
VP-IT, Credit Suisse